Unfortunately, most of us neglect the back of our hands – leaving them to look older than we truly are! We spend most of our time taking care of our face and body – with expensive creams and treatments. Our hands are not usually the focus of our beauty regimen. Hands are often exposed to the harsh elements and sun (especially while driving) and by our late 20s have what is known as “loss of volume” – leaving thin skin on the back of the hand that is wrinkled and shows many of our tendons and veins.
You can tell a person’s age by their hands…
Most clients are comfortable with the concept of fine line fillers for their face to replace volume, fill out wrinkles, and look younger. The same principle applies to the hands. Healthy, young skin looks “full” and “plump”. With fillers, we replace the volume to the hands through a tiny injection of our fine line fillers. The formulation injected by our expert team at Radiance contains a numbing medication to minimize discomfort. The product is quite malleable and is able to fill areas of the back of the hands that are in need of volume. The end product is hands that look more youthful and full.
In addition to fillers to restore the volume and plump up the back of the hands, we offer laser treatments – photorejuvenation – to reduce age spots and sunspots. The same treatment that many of us receive for our faces – IPL PhotoFacials™ – can be used for the same conditions on the back of the hands. Using the most advanced laser technology – the Palomar Icon – the intense pulse light seeks out specific pigment colors in the deep layers of skin on the back of the hand. The laser penetrates deep to treat the “problems” deep at their source.
In combination – fillers (to plump up hands) and photorejuvenation (to improve color and texture of the back of the hands) – rejuvenate your hands to appear younger and more cosmetically appealing!
- RADIESSE®: 60 minutes.
- PHOTOREJUVENATION: 30 minutes.
RECOMMENDED FREQUENCY OF TREATMENTS:
- RADIESSE®:: Really depends on your aging process and your personal preferences. Discuss with us during your appointment or pre-appointment consultation.
- PHOTOREJUVENATION: Recommend a series of 5 treatments at an interval of 3-4 weeks.
MEDICATIONS TO AVOID PRIOR TO TREATMENT:
- RADIESSE®:: Discuss with us and your primary physician your exact medication list prior to stopping, but typically avoid your blood thinners (such as aspirin, ibuprofen, alcohol, omegas, flaxseed oil, fish oil, vitamin D3, and vitamin E) for 3-5 days prior to your treatment.
- PHOTOREJUVENATION: Please discuss with us your exact medication list – be sure to mention if you are taking any antibiotics. Please let us know if you have a condition known as porphyria (a condition that causes sensitivity to light). Photosensitizing medications, self-tanners, and sun exposure (tanning) should be avoided prior to treatment. In addition, gentle care of your skin a few days prior and after treatment is also helpful.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS:
- RADIESSE®: After injection, possible side effects can include localized redness, tenderness, swelling, firmness, bumps, discoloration, bruising, or very rare possibility of infection.
- PHOTOREJUVENATION: Mild discomfort – patients describe the sensation of the treatment to be similar to the snap of a rubber band as the pulses of energy are delivered. Mild redness for 1-2 days that can be concealed with makeup. Most redness subsides within an hour of the treatment. Especially with the first treatment, you may notice that your sun damaged skin areas get darker for a few days and then begin to fade.
|RADIESSE®, 1.5ml||$525* for 1st syringe, $495* for each additional syringe|
|LASER PHOTOREJUVENATION||$195* /treatment|
*Prices subject to change
Contact Radiance Spa Medical Group
If you would like more information on hand rejuvenation treatments, or if you would like to schedule a consultation here at our practice, please contact Radiance Spa Medical Group.